The Saint of the day 4 July is Saint Elizabeth of Portugal, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Saint Elizabeth of Portugal
Saint Elizabeth of Portugal, born in Zaragoza, January 4, 1271 and died in Estremoz on July 4, 1336, was a Portuguese religious.
It reigned over Portugal and the Algarve from 1282 to 1325 and was canonized in 1625.
She is venerated as a saint by the Catholic Church, better known in Portugal with the name of Isabella of Aragon, not to be confused with Elizabeth of Hungary, who was her great-aunt, also of the Franciscan order.
Other saints and 4th July celebrations
- St. Andrew of Crete
- Saint Antonio Daniel
- Santa Berta of Blangy
- Blessed Catherine Jarrige
- San Cesidio Giacomantonio
- San Fiorenzo di Cahors
- Blessed Giovanni da Vespignano
- Blessed Giovanni called Cornelio, Tommaso Bosgrave, Giovanni Carey and Patrizio Salmon
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- Blessed Joseph Kowalski
- Blessed Guglielmo Andleby, Enrico Abbot, Tommaso Warcop and Eduardo Fulthorp
- San Lauriano
- Blessed Piergiorgio Frassati
- Sant’Ulrico or Ulderico
Priest and martyr
Salesian priest, martyr