How to make Andrea pizza, a typical recipe from the Ligurian region, what ingredients are needed and detailed instructions for preparation before cooking in the oven.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 300 g ready-made bread dough
- 100 g coarse ground durum wheat semolina
- 500 g of peeled tomatoes without seeds
- 8 desalted anchovies in small pieces
- 2 large onions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons of black olives in brine
- 4 basil leaves
- 1 dl olive oil
- salt and pepper
How to make Andrea pizza
Knead the semolina with the bread dough, adding two tablespoons of oil.Recommended readings
- Pizza with pesto and cherry tomatoes
- Margherita pizza with pesto
- Pasquale cheese pizza
- Pizzette with pumpkin and dried fruit with cheese
- Homemade Neapolitan pizza
Wrap in a napkin and let rest in a fairly warm place, for a time of about 30 minutes.
After greasing the cake pan with oil, spread the dough with your hands until it covers the bottom and sides, forming, with the help of your fingertips, a cord around it.
Break up the tomatoes, if you use the canned peeled tomatoes, be careful to drain them well.
Put the oil in a saucepan and put it on low heat, making the onions brown slightly.
Add the tomatoes, a little salt, a pinch of freshly ground pepper and the chopped basil.
Leave to cook on a very low heat until a not too thick sauce is obtained.
After adding the anchovies, turn off the heat, continuing to stir for another five minutes.
Pour the freshly prepared sauce over the pasta in the pan, distribute the black olives on the surface and put in the preheated oven for about thirty minutes or until the pasta appears well cooked and golden in color.