How to make apple strudel with puff pastry, original recipe with necessary ingredients and detailed instructions for preparation, cooking time in the oven.
Ingredients for 4 people
- gr. 150 of flour
- the egg white of 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 50 gr. butter or about 2 tablespoons of oil
- a spoonful of warm water
- a little spoonful of sugar
For the stuffing
- 500 gr. of renette apples
- 3 full spoons of sugarRecommended readings
- San Giuseppe pancakes with raisins
- Simple and fast classic apple pie recipe
- Charlotte with dark chocolate mousse
- Raspberry jam tart with almonds, hazelnuts and pine nuts
- Cake with chestnut flour, pine nuts and raisins
- grated peel of 1 lemon
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of sultanas soaked in warm water
- 30 gr. pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of peeled almonds
- 30 gr. of walnut kernels
- 30 gr. of hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 80 gr. of butter
- icing sugar
how to prepare the strudel
Mix the flour, sugar, salt, egg white, warm water and chopped butter (or oil), and form a soft and smooth dough.
Make it into a ball and cover it with a hot inverted pot, making sure that the pot does not touch the dough, and let it rest for a quarter of an hour.
In the meantime, prepare the ingredients for the filling, place the pasta on a lightly floured napkin and spread it very thin with a rolling pin in a possibly oval shape.
After greasing the surface of the sheet with the melted butter, leaving 2-3 cm free. around the edge of the pasta.
Then cover the pastry with the peeled apples, cored and sliced, the breadcrumbs flavored in gr. 50 of butter and cooled, dried raisins, whole pine nuts, chopped dried fruit, sugar, cinnamon and grated lemon peel.
Lift the edges of the napkin and roll the strudel on itself, not tight, and using only the napkin, then crush the roll at the two ends.
Put the strudel on a buttered baking tray and lightly brush the surface with the beaten grape yolk and some melted butter. Bake at 180 ° C for about 30-40 minutes.
Remove the strudel from the oven, let it cool down and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.