The Saint of the day August 13 is Santi Ponziano Pope and Hippolito martyr priest, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Saints Ponziano Pope and Hippolytus martyrs
Ponziano, bishop of the Church of Rome, was ordained in 231.
Four years later he was relegated to Sardinia by the emperor Maximinus, together with the priest Hippolytus.
There he died, after renouncing his dignity.
He was buried in the cemetery of Callisto, Ippolito instead in the one on via Tiburtina.
Both martyrs began to be venerated by the church of Rome from the 4th century.
Other saints and celebrations on 13 August
- San Ponziano
- Saint Antiochus of Lyon
- San Benildo Romancon
- San Cassiano di Imola
- August 6: saint of the day, name day
- August 5: saint of the day, name day
- August 31: saint of the day, name day
- August 19: saint of the day, name day
- August 26: saint of the day, name day
- Blessed Gertrude of Altenberg
- Blessed John Agramunt
- St. John Berchmans
- Blessed Joseph (José) Bonet Nadal
- Blessed William Freeman
- Blessed Jakob Gapp
- San Massimo the Confessor
- Beato Modesto da Albocacer (Modesto Garcia Marti)
- Blessed Patrick O’Healy and Conn O’Rourke
- Blessed Peter Gabilhaud
- Santa Radegonda
- Blessed Secondino Maria Ortega Garcia and companions
Pope and martyr
Salesian priest and martyr
Priest and martyr
Queen of France