The Saint of the day August 18 is Empress Saint Elena, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Saint Elena empress
Flavia Giulia Elena, born in Helenopolis in about 248 and died in Trier in 329, had the title of Augustus in the Roman Empire, was concubine or wife of the emperor Costanzo Chlorine, as well as mother of the emperor Constantine I.
It is venerated by Catholics as Saint Helena Empress.
In the Christian tradition, Elena is linked to her alleged finding of the true cross on which Jesus died, which occurred on the occasion of her trip to Palestine.
Although it is believed that it was not she who made the discovery, her presence in Jerusalem was confirmed by Eusebius of Caesarea, who had described her trip to the East as a pilgrimage, and this was sufficient to attribute to her the discovery of the precious relic .
Other saints and celebrations on August 18
- Saint Alberto Hurtado Cruchaga
- Blessed Antonio Banassat
- Saint Eonius of Arles
- Saint Firmino of Metz
- Blessed Francesco Arias Martin
- August 6: saint of the day, name day
- August 5: saint of the day, name day
- August 31: saint of the day, name day
- August 19: saint of the day, name day
- August 26: saint of the day, name day
- Blessed Giacomo Falgarona Vilanova and Atanasio Vidaurreta Labra
- Blessed Leonardo
- San Leone
- San Macario di Pelecete
- Blessed Martino Martinez Pascual
- Holy Martyrs of Utica (Massa Candida)
- Blessed Paola Montaldi
- Blessed Rinaldo da Concorezzo
Priest and martyrRecommended readings
Abbot of Cava