The Saint of the day August 19 is St. Ludwig of Anjou Franciscan bishop, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
San Ludovico d'Angiò
Ludovico, son of Charles of Anjou, king of Naples, was born in 1274.
As a boy he was taken prisoner with his brothers to the king of Aragon and in this way had the opportunity to meet the Franciscans.
When he was released, he renounced the throne and any other perspective of earthly greatness.
Elected bishop of Toulouse, he first wanted to dress the habit of minors by professing the rule.
He combined pastoral zeal with fervent charity towards the poor, living in humility and poverty.
He died young in 1297 and was canonized by John XXII.
Other saints and celebrations on August 19
- Santa Sara
- St. Andrew the Tribune and Companions
- Blessed Angelo from Acquapagana
- San Bartolomeo di Simeri
- San Bertolfo
- August 6: saint of the day, name day
- August 5: saint of the day, name day
- August 31: saint of the day, name day
- August 19: saint of the day, name day
- August 26: saint of the day, name day
- San Donato di Sisteron
- Blessed Elvira of the Nativity of Our Lady Torrentallé Paraire and 8 companions
- St. Ezekiel Moreno y Diaz
- Blessed Francesco Ibanez Ibanez
- Blessed Jordan from Pisa (or from Rivalto)
- Blessed Guerrico
- Blessed Leo II
- Saint John Eudes
- Blessed Ludovico Flores
- San Magino of Tarragona
- San Magno
- San Sebaldo (Sinibaldo)
- San Sisto III
- San Timoteo of Gaza
- Blessed Tommaso Sitjar Fortiá
Hermit, founder and abbot
Virgins and martyrs
Priest and martyr
Abbot of Igny
Abbot of Cava
Venerated in Cuneo
Jesuit priest, martyr