Complete guide for the preparation of beef fillet to be cooked in a pan, recipe with bacon and mustard flavored red wine sauce.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 1 spring onion
- some sage leaves
- Red wine
- 50 gr rustic mustard
- 1 piece fillet of beef weighing approximately 600 g
- White flour
- 100 gr sliced smoked bacon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
How to cook beef fillet with bacon
Cut the beef fillet into slices about a centimeter thick, lightly flour them and wrap them with bacon, stopping everything with a long toothpick.Recommended readings
- Fried veal meatballs with potatoes, bacon and walnuts
- Wild boar in salami with olives and tomatoes
- Veal belly cooked at low temperature
- Tender veal stew
- Chicken breast with almonds
In a pan heat the oil and let it pass the chopped spring onion, then add the meat and sage, then salt and cook 2 minutes on each side.
Wet the meat with a splash of red wine, allow it to evaporate over high heat, then add the mustard, stirring carefully using a wooden spoon.
Wet with a drop of water, cover and cook over moderate heat for an additional 5 minutes. When the meat is cooked, thicken the sauce and serve.