How to make the beet and mushroom meatballs by mixing them with egg, grated Parmesan cheese, flour and, if they are too soft, adding boiled potatoes.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 g of chard
- 250 g of champignon mushrooms
- 2 spoons of parmesan
- 1 egg
- 100 g of white flour "00"
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
For fryingRecommended readings
- Greek rice and meat gratin
- Majestic triple butter fettuccine
- Belgian endive pie and ham with bechamel sauce
- Calabrian beans with peppers
- Rice salad with shrimp and tuna
- 50 g of white flour "00"
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- peanut oil
How to prepare chard and mushroom meatballs
Wash the beets, cut them into julienne strips and boil them quickly in salted boiling water, then drain and squeeze them well.
Chop the chard and put it in a bowl, add the egg, the grated parmesan and 100 g of flour.
Clean the mushrooms and cook them whole with olive oil, the clove of garlic and a pinch of salt for 10 minutes over high heat, then drain and chop them coarsely.
Add the chopped mushrooms and nutmeg to the chard mixture, then adjust the flavor, mix and mix all the ingredients well.
Form slightly crushed round meatballs, pass them in flour, beaten egg and breadcrumbs.
Fry the meatballs in boiling seed oil, drain them on absorbent kitchen paper and serve immediately.