How to make cod and potato meatballs by frying a tasty mixture of fish and potatoes simmered in water, milk, shallot and parsley, with fresh cream and Parmesan.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 250 g of desalted cod
- 3 potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 600 ml of water
- 400 ml of milk
- 2 shallots
- 1 tablespoon of parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of fresh cream
- 100 g of breadcrumbs
- 50 g of white flour "00"Recommended readings
- Thermidore lobster, original recipe with sauce
- Stuffed cuttlefish easy to make in a pan with white wine
- Stuffed anchovies breaded and fried
- Nicoise sole: recipe with lemon
- Grilled San Pietro fish fillets in the oven
- Seed oil for frying
- salt and pepper
How to prepare cod meatballs and fried potatoes in a pan
Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 cm high slices.
In a saucepan, heat the milk and water with the shallots cut into rings, and the parsley.
Dip the potatoes and cod in them, simmer them gently for about 20 minutes.
Leave them to cool in the cooking liquid, then drain the potatoes and cod, removing any bones from the fish.
Put the two ingredients in the mixer.
Add the grated Parmesan, the fresh cream, salt and pepper to the mixture, then mix everything well and allow to cool completely.
Form the meatballs with wet hands, pass them in flour, beaten egg and lastly in breadcrumbs.
Fry them in abundant seed oil and then drain them on absorbent paper.
Serve the meatballs hot.