Recipe for cooking cod with beets with parsley and basil, a light preparation that is easily digestible and cooked in a pan for about twenty minutes.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 small onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 celery rib
- 700 gr of soaked cod
- 700 gr of chard
- 1 sprig of parsley
- some basil leaves
- half a glass of olive oil
Preparation of cod recipe with chard
Chop onion, carrot, garlic, celery, parsley and basil, fry them in half a glass of oil for a few minutes, then add the chard leaves washed and cut into strips, continue cooking until the chard has dried and amalgamated with the sauce.Recommended readings
- Thermidore lobster, original recipe with sauce
- Stuffed cuttlefish easy to make in a pan with white wine
- Stuffed anchovies breaded and fried
- Nicoise sole: recipe with lemon
- Grilled San Pietro fish fillets in the oven
Add the cod in pieces (previously soaked).
Cook over moderate heat, without lid, for about 20 minutes, gently moving the pieces of cod to make them flavor better, until the water of the chard has withdrawn.
In this recipe, the chard can be replaced with 400 gr. of sliced leeks.
If it dries too much during cooking, add a few tablespoons of water or broth.