How to make liver and anchovy crostini, appetizer including capers among the few necessary ingredients, to be served hot after quick preparation in less than thirty minutes.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 gr chicken livers
- 60 gr. butter
- 150 gr. chopped mixed vegetables, including onion, carrot and celery
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- tomato concentrate
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 50 g pickled capers
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepperRecommended readings
- Cream puffs with artichokes: savory recipe, dough ingredients
- French appetizer with vegetables
- Canapes with anchovy fillets
- Chicken salad with celery and mayonnaise
- Salmon canapè and scrambled eggs
How the livers and anchovies canapes are prepared
Carefully wash the livers, depriving them of their skin.
Cut them into small pieces and brown them in a pan prepared previously with the melted butter and the chopped vegetables to fry.
Season with salt and pepper and add the wine, prepared already mixed with 1 teaspoon of tomato paste, let it evaporate.
At this point, cook for about 10 minutes on moderate heat, then transfer everything into the blender container, add the anchovy fillets and the drained capers, then operate the small appliance in order to obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
Evaluate if you need to add a little oil. Spread the hot cream on the croutons and serve immediately.