The Saint of the day 10 December is Blessed Virgin Mary of Loreto, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Blessed Virgin Mary of Loreto
According to what is handed down by tradition, in 1294 a host of angels transported the Holy House of Nazareth to the Loreto hill.
The tiny walls of the little house, the object of such veneration, were covered with marble.
The statue of the Lauretana Virgin, which is one of the most beautiful dedicated to the Holy Virgin, is made of cedar wood covered with a large and precious mantle called "dalmatica", where the votive gifts of the faithful are hung.
The Sanctuary of Loreto was built in the same place where, according to legend, the house of the Virgin Mary was miraculously transported by the Angels.
Going back to the origins of this place of worship in the 4th century, it is one of the oldest.
Loreto is a destination for continuous pilgrimages, it is compared to an Italian Lourdes.
Being firmly convinced of this prodigious translation, Pope Benedict XV established the Blessed Virgin of Loreto as the main patron of all workers in the aviation sector with God.
The Holy House of Nazareth has become a popular international pilgrimage destination.
Other saints and celebrations on 10 December
- Blessed are Antonio Martin Hernandez and Agostino Garcia Calvo
- Blessed are Brian Lacy, Giovanni Mason and Sydney Hodgson
- December 9: saint of the day, name day
- December 10: saint of the day, name day
- December 11: saint of the day, name day
- December 7: saint of the day, name day
- December 22: saint of the day, name day
- San Cesare
- Saints Edmondo Gennings and Swithun Wells
- San Gemello di Ancira
- St. John Roberts
- St. Gregory III
- Blessed Gundisalvo (Gonzalo) Vines Masip
- San Mauro of Rome
Virgin and martyr in Spain
Priest and martyr
Priest and martyr