The Saint of the day December 26 is Santo Stefano, which name day is celebrated and other saints are celebrated on this date.
Stephen was the first Christian martyr to seal with his own blood the faith in the One who gave his precious Blood for men, the first to testify with the sacrifice of his life the certainty of eternal life after death.
His passion is narrated in the Acts of the Apostles.
Stephen, who was a man full of faith and enlightened by the Holy Spirit, is made a deacon to take care of orphans and widows.
But his life is not limited only to material charity, as faith encourages him to do, thanks to the Holy Spirit who finds him an attentive listener.
"Behold, I see the heavens open, and the Son of Man stand at the right hand of God", are words that made him accuse of blasphemy and condemn to stoning.
But no feeling of anger ever shines through Stefano's eyes, the expression on his face resembles that of an angel.
He is like a docile lamb led to the slaughterhouse according to the duty of the Master, a creature who lets himself be guided with full confidence.
Other saints and celebrations on December 26th
- Blessed Agnese Phila, Lucia Khambang and 4 companions
- Saint Euthymius of Sardis
- Blessed Secondo Pollo
- December 9: saint of the day, name day
- December 10: saint of the day, name day
- December 11: saint of the day, name day
- December 7: saint of the day, name day
- December 22: saint of the day, name day
- Santa Vincenza Maria Lopez y Vicuna
- San Zenone of Maiuma
Protomartyrs of Thailand
Bishop and martyr
Priest and martyrRecommended readings