The Saint of the day February 17 is the Seven Founders of the Order of Servants of the Blessed Virgin Mary, which name day is celebrated and other saints are celebrated on this date.
Holy Seven Founders
They were all Florentines of the noble Bonfiglio Monaldi family, Manetto dell’Antella, Bonagiunta Manetti, Amadio degli Amidei, Uguccione degli Uguccioni, Sostegno dei Sostegni, Alessio Falconieri.
While they were gathered in prayer the Queen of Heaven appeared to them on August 15, 1233, dressed in mourning and visibly grieved by the internal struggles between Guelphs and Ghibellines.
Once the fratricidal weapons were thrown, the seven young men dressed in mourning and retired in penance and prayer at a hermitage on Montesanario, not far from the city.
In that isolated place, they offered themselves to devotion to Our Lady and together they founded the Order of Servants of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
They all died at the hermitage, the youngest Bonagiunta in 1257, while the oldest Alessio on 17 February 1310 when he was 110 years old.
Other saints and celebrations on February 17th
- Blessed Antonio Leszczewicz
- San Bonoso of Trier
- San Constabile (Costabile)
- St. Evermodo of Ratzeburg
- San Finan of Lindisfarne (of Iona)
- February 16: saint of the day, name day
- February 17: saint of the day, name day
- February 21: saint of the day, name day
- February 2: saint of the day, name day
- February 10: saint of the day, name day
- San Fintan
- San Flaviano
- Blessed Luca Belludi
- San Mesrop
- Saint Peter Yu Chong-nyul
- Saint Silvin of Therouanne
- San Teodoro di Amasea
Priest and martyr
Fourth Abbot of Cava
Abbot of Cluain Ednech
Patriarch of Constantinople
Doctor of the Armenian Church
Soldier and martyr