The Saint of the day February 27 is San Gabriele dell'Addolorata, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
San Gabriele dell’Addolorata
Born in Assisi in 1838, Gabriele considered, at a very young age, the idea of dedicating his life to the service of the Lord.
Overcoming many contrasts, he entered the Order of Passionists, distinguishing himself for his exemplary conduct, which resulted in perfect discipline and observance of the imposed rules, and for the profound prayer he practiced.
Deep devotion to Our Lady of Sorrows overflowed from her letters.
He offered his young life to the Madonna, for the healing of souls consumed by the lack of love and affected by indifference.
At that time, the scourge of atheism was spreading, but Gabriel, without controversy, suffered in silence for the abandonment of Jesus by many, with the consequent loss of souls.
His mission was to pray and suffer for the world's evils.
St. Gabriel died on February 27, 1862 at just 24 years old.
Other saints and celebrations of February 27
- Sant'Anna Line
- San Baldomero
- Saints Basilio and Procopio
- February 16: saint of the day, name day
- February 17: saint of the day, name day
- February 21: saint of the day, name day
- February 2: saint of the day, name day
- February 10: saint of the day, name day
- San Besas
- Blessed Charity (Maria Giuseppa Carolina Brader)
- Blessed Francesca Anna of the Virgin of Sorrows (Francisca Maria Cirer y Carbonell)
- Saint Julian of Alexandria
- St. Gregory of Narek
- Blessed William Richardson
- San Luca di Messina
Doctor of the Armenian Church
Priest and martyr