How to make fresh Sicilian tuna, a recipe that first involves marinating in dry white wine combined with mixed spices after cooking on a hot flame.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 700 g of fresh tuna in a single slice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 salted anchovies
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 liter of dry white wine
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 1/2 glass of extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch of mixed spices
- salt and freshly ground pepperRecommended readings
- Thermidore lobster, original recipe with sauce
- Stuffed cuttlefish easy to make in a pan with white wine
- Stuffed anchovies breaded and fried
- Nicoise sole: recipe with lemon
- Grilled San Pietro fish fillets in the oven
How to prepare Sicilian tuna
Wash and dry the tuna steak, place it in a container with a pinch of mixed spices, salt and pepper.
Pour the wine over the fish and let it marinate for about two hours.
Meanwhile, make a beat with the rosemary leaves and the garlic clove.
Drain the tuna steak from the marinade and make some incisions with a sharp knife, then put the chopped rosemary and garlic in it.
With two or three tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, grease the tuna, then heat the plate well, put the fish in it and brown it on both sides over high heat.
When the fish has browned, sprinkle it with the breadcrumbs and continue cooking over moderate heat, occasionally greasing it with the marinade liquid.
In the meantime, wash and dilute the salted anchovies, when the tuna is almost cooked, put them in a pan on the fire, along with the remaining oil, then melt them, stirring constantly.
Place the tuna on a tray previously heated, strain the lemon juice, add it to the anchovy sauce, mix it and pour it over the tuna.
Serve immediately hot.