How to make rice gratin, Greek recipe including minced beef, butter, onion, tomatoes, eggs, lemon juice, nutmeg.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 250 g of rice
- 350 of minced beef
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 70 g of butter
- 4 peeled tomatoes, seeded and cut into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- butter for the baking dishRecommended readings
- Greek rice and meat gratin
- Majestic triple butter fettuccine
- Belgian endive pie and ham with bechamel sauce
- Calabrian beans with peppers
- Rice salad with shrimp and tuna
Preparation of rice gratin
Wash the rice and cook it in boiling salted water for fifteen minutes, then drain it.
In a pan, sauté the onion with half the butter, then add the minced meat and leave to flavor on moderate heat for about 10 minutes.
Butter the baking dish and lay out a few pieces of tomato first and then a layer with half a dose of rice.
On this layer of rice sprinkle some flakes of butter and pieces of tomato, then the minced meat with a few flakes of butter and some diced tomatoes on top, and finally a layer of rice.
Beat the eggs with lemon juice, salt, pepper and a pinch of nutmeg and pour it on the rice surface.
Bake for about thirty minutes or more, until a golden crust has formed.