How to cook stewed green beans with tomato, recipe with cooked ham, description of the easy preparation procedure with a list of all the ingredients necessary for this side dish, ideal to accompany second courses of meat or eggs.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 hot pepper
- 1 vegetable nut
- 100 g of cooked ham in 1 single slice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped basil
- 500 g of green beans
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of tomato sauce
Preparation of green beans stewed with tomato
First of all, tick the green beans and wash them carefully, then clean the onion, chop it finely and let it dry in a pan with hot oil, adding the whole chilli pepper that will be removed at the end.Recommended readings
- Parsley artichokes with garlic
- Shredded cabbage with sausages and olives
- Capers and anchovies sauce with olives
- Stir-fried potatoes with tomato
- Recipe for country salad with lettuce and anchovies
Add the green beans, sprinkle with half a glass of water and flavor with the crumbled nut, then add the tomato puree.
Bring to a boil, lower the heat, cover with a lid and cook for about 15 minutes, waiting for the green beans to become tender, if necessary, allow the cooking juices to dry.
When there are only a few minutes left to cook, add the diced ham and chopped basil, then adjust the salt before serving.