The Saint of the day 10 July is Santa Rufina and Seconda, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Saints Rufina and Second
Saints Rufina and Seconda, both of whom died in Rome in 257, are revered as saints, virgins and martyrs by the Catholic Church.
Rufina and Seconda, sisters of Christian religion, were promised in spouses by father Asterio, senator, to Armentario and Verino, two co-religionists who denied their faith in the face of the danger of Christian persecutions imposed by the Emperor Valerian.
Rufina and Seconda were also urged to do so, but they refused and, reported to the authorities, tried to flee to reach Etruria, but were arrested and brought before the prefect Giunio Donato who, after having tortured them in an attempt to convince them to renounce , sentenced them to death.
The two sisters were taken to Silva Nigra, a place located along Via Cornelia, nine miles from the center of Rome, where Rufina was beheaded, while Seconda was beaten to death.
In honor of their martyrdom, the scenario of the tragic events was renamed with the name of Silva Candida, while the bodies of the martyrs were buried by the matron Plautilla who had been warned in a dream.
Other saints and celebrations of 10 July
- Sant ’Amalberga di Maubeuge
- Santa Anatolia
- Saints Antonio Nguyen Hûu (Nam) Quynh and Pietro Nguyen Khac Tu
- Sant ’Apollonio di Sardi
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- Saints Bianore and Silvano
- San Canuto IV
- Saints Gennaro and Marino
- Blessed Maria Gertrude from S. Sofia de Ripert d'Alauzin and Agnese del Gesù de Romillon
- Blessed Martyrs of Damascus
- Saint Pascario of Nantes
- San Pietro (Vincioli) from Perugia
- Santa Vittoria
Widow and nun
King of Denmark