The Saint of the day 12 July is Santa Agnese Le Thi Thanh, which name day is celebrated and other saints are celebrated on this date.
Saint Agnes Le Thi Thanh
St. Agnes Le Thi Thanh, of Vietnamese nationality and family mother, was subjected to cruel torture, for having offered hospitality to a priest in her home, effectively hiding it from the authorities.
He refused to abjure the Christian faith to the last, made himself a martyr and preferred to die on 12 July 1841 in prison in the province of Ninh Binh in Tonkin when he dominated the emperor Thieu Tri.
Agnese Le Thi Thanh was canonized by Pope John Paul II on 19 June 1988, together with 116 other Vietnamese martyrs who are celebrated on 24 November.
Sant'Agnese is celebrated individually by the Catholic Church on July 12, according to the indications of the Roman Martyrology.
Other saints and celebrations of 12 July
- Saints Ermagora and Fortunato di Aquileia
- Blessed Davide Gonson
- San Giovanni Gualberto
- St. John Jones
- Saint Ignatius Clement Delgado
- San Leone I
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- San Lucio di Cavargna
- Beate Marta del Buon Angelo and 3 companions
- Blessed Matthias Araki and 7 companions
- Saints Nabore and Felice
- St. Peter Khanh
- Saints Proclus and Ilarione
Knight of Malta, martyr
Priest and martyr
Bishop and martyr
According to Abbot of CavaRecommended readings
Virgins and martyrs