The Saint of the day 15 July is San Bonaventura, Franciscan doctor bishop, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
San Bonaventura bishop
San Bonaventura da Bagnoregio, known as Giovanni Fidanza, born in Civita di Bagnoregio in 1221 and died in Lyon on July 15, 1274, was an Italian religious, philosopher and theologian.
He practiced the profession of teacher at the Sorbonne in Paris and was in close friendship with Saint Thomas Aquinas.
During his life he held the positions of Bishop and Cardinal, after his death he was canonized and declared Doctor of the Church.
He was considered one of the most important biographers of Saint Francis of Assisi, for seventeen years, starting from 1257, he was general minister of the Franciscan order, of which he is considered almost as a second founder.
Bonaventura's philosophy started from the preliminary conception that all knowledge originates from the senses, affirming that the soul knows God and itself without help from the outside.
Venerated as a saint by the Catholic Church, his memory is celebrated on July 15th.
Other saints and celebrations on July 15th
- Sant ’Abudemio
- St. Andrea Nguyen Kim Thong Nam
- Blessed Anna Maria Javouhey
- St. Ansuero of Ratzeburg
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- Blessed Antonio Beszta-Borowski
- Saint Athanasius of Naples
- Blessed Bernard II of Baden
- Saints Catulino and companions
- Blessed Ceslaus of Krakow
- St. David of Sweden
- Saints Eutropio, Zosima and Bonosa
- Saints Philip and ten infants
- St. James of Nisibi
- St. Joseph Studita of Thessalonica
- St. Gumbert of Ansbach
- Blessed Ignazio de Azevedo and 39 companions
- Blessed Michele Bernardo Marchand
- St. Peter Nguyen Ba Tuan
- San Plechelmo
- San Pompilio Maria Pirrotti
Abbot and martyrRecommended readings
Priest and martyr
Monk and bishop