The Saint of the day July 18 is Saint Frederick of Utrecht Bishop, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Saint Frederick of Utrecht
Federico, born around 781 and died on the Isle of Walcheren on 18 July 838, was bishop of the diocese of Utrecht from the year 820 until the date of his death.
As soon as he was ordained a priest, he was immediately in charge of educating the catechumens and was appointed bishop continuing the episcopate of Ricfrido, taking care of completing the work of evangelization of the Frisi, for which he gave a mandate, as a collaborator, in Sant'Odulfo, he who was later his biographer, also assumed the role of adviser to the emperor Ludovico il Pio.
A popular legend says that he was killed, while he was celebrating mass, by the assassins sent by the empress Judith of Bavaria, Ludovico's second wife, whose Federico had publicly condemned the controversial customs.
Another story, the most credited, tells that he was assassinated by the pagans of the island of Walcheren, in the Netherlands, as opposed to his mission, for this reason he is revered as a martyr by the Catholic Church.
Other saints and celebrations on July 18
- Saint Arnolfo of Metz
- San Bruno di Segni
- San Domenico Nicolao Dinh Dat
- Sant ’Emiliano di Durostoro
- San Filastrio of Brescia
- Blessed Giovanni Battista de Bruxelles
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- San Materno of Milan
- San Rufillo of Forlimpopoli
- Saint Simon of Lipnica
- Santa Sinforosa and seven children
- Blessed Tarcisia (Olga) Mackiv
Virgin and martyr