The Saint of the day 22 July is Santa Maria Maddalena, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Santa Maria Maddalena
Santa Maria Maddalena, born in Magdala and perhaps died in Ephesus in the first century, is a character from the New Testament.
Historical sources are scarce about his life, he is briefly described only in the New Testament as a disciple of Jesus.
The name Maddalena derives from Magdala, his native town, located on the western shore of Lake Tiberias.
The stories of the four gospels trace the figure through a few verses, enough to make the reader understand how much this woman was one of the disciples closest to Jesus.
Mary Magdalene, among the few women present at the crucifixion, was the first eyewitness to the resurrection.
Other saints and celebrations of 22 July
- Blessed Agostino da Biella
- St. Cyril of Antioch, Andrew and companions
- St. Philip Evans
- Blessed Giacomo Lombardie
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- San Girolamo di Pavia
- San Gualtero (Gualtiero)
- Santa Maria Wang Lizhi
- San Meneleo of Menat
- San Plato of Ancira
Venerated in Lodi