The Saint of the day 3 July is St. Thomas the Apostle, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
Apostle Saint Thomas
Thomas is one of the best known characters of the New Testament, a Jewish apostle and martyr, he was one of the twelve apostles of Jesus, who became famous for saying “If I don't see the sign of the nails in his hands and I do not put my finger in the sign of the nails and I don't put my hand in his side, I don't believe. "
Tradition has it that his preaching extended beyond the Roman Empire, to Persia and India.
The Catholic church celebrates Saint Thomas on July 3, in memory of the transfer of his mortal remains to Edessa, which took place in the sixth century, as specified in the Roman Missal.
He is the patron saint of architects and in the paintings he is depicted with a spear in his hand.
It is also celebrated by the Orthodox Church and the Coptic Church.
Other saints and celebrations on 3 July
- Sant Anatolio
- Sant 'Anatolio of Laodicea
- St. Philip Phan Van Minh
- St. Joseph Nguyen Dinh Uyen
- San Leone II
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- Saints Marco and Mociano
- Blessed Maria Anna Mogas Fontcuberta
- Saints Memnon and Severus
- Saints Peter Zhao Mingzhen and Giovan Battista Zhao Mingxi
Patriarch of Constantinople
Priest and martyr