The Saint of the day 30 July is Saint Peter Chrysologist bishop doctor, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
St. Peter Chrysologist
San Pietro Crisologo, born in Imola at the end of the fourth century and died there on 2 December 450, was bishop of Ravenna from 433 until his death.
He was baptized and educated by the bishop of Imola Cornelio who, after having made him follow literary and juridical studies in Ravenna and Bologna, ordained him deacon and flanked him during his episcopate.
Pope Sixtus III appointed him in 433 bishop of Ravenna, in the period in which the city was the capital of the Western Roman Empire.
With his piety and his commitment, he earned the respect of the faithful, who greatly admired him for his strong oratory art from which derived the nickname Chrysologist, a term deriving from the Greek which means golden word.
Pope Leo I had a lot of faith in him, while Empress Galla Placidia kept him under his protection.
It was during his bishopric that the first Christian church was built in Ravenna.
Pope Benedict XIII proclaimed him a doctor of the Church in 1729.
Other saints and celebrations on 30 July
- Saints Abdon and Sennen
- Blessed Braulio Maria (Paolo) Corres Díaz de Cerio and 14 companions
- Blessed Edoardo Powell, Riccardo Fetherston and Tommaso Abel
- July 11: saint of the day, name day
- July 3: saint of the day, name day
- July 13: saint of the day, name day
- 4th of July: saint of the day, name day
- July 28: saint of the day, name day
- Santa Giulitta of Caesarea
- Blessed Giuseppe Maria Muro Sanmiguel, Gioacchino Prats Baltuena and Zosimo Izquierdo Gil
- Saint Joseph Yuan Gengyin
- Santa Godeleva
- San Leopoldo Mandic
- Santa Maria de Jesus Sacramentado (Venegas de la Torre)
- Blessed Maria Vicenta of S. Dorotea Chávez Orozco
- Santa Massima, Donatilla and Seconda
- Sant’Orso di Auxerre
Spanish martyrs Fatebenefratelli
Priests and martyrsRecommended readings
Martyrs in Africa