How to cook leek soup with homemade bread and ripe tomato, traditional recipe, typical of the Tuscany region, easy to perform and also achievable using onions instead of leeks.
Ingredients for 4 people
- a few slices of homemade bread
- a knob of butter
- half a kilo of leeks
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 1 ripe tomato
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Preparing leek soup with bread
Slice the white leeks, brown them in oil, a knob of butter, salt and pepper.
Add a liter of broth and the peeled and seedless tomato, boil for about 30 minutes.
Put the toasted slices of bread in a bowl and pour over the broth with the leeks and raw olive oil.Recommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
It is served after about ten minutes.
The same soup can be made by replacing the leek onions.