Lufthansa is headquartered in Cologne in Germany and is currently classified as the main German airline.
General information Lufthansa
Its main hub is Frankfurt International Airport and its secondary hub is Munich Airport, while, following the merger with the Swiss airline Swiss International Air Lines, a very important third hub due to its strategic position will become the airport Zurich in Switzerland.
Lufthansa's air fleet consists of over 300 planes with around 92,000 employees in total distributed in each geographical area. It is part of the Star Alliance, of which it is one of the founding members, which represents one of the largest airline alliances worldwide. A significant part of the German airline's turnover is represented by the freight sector.
The founding of Lufthansa dates back to 1926 following the merger of the Deutsche Aero Lloyd or Dal and Junkers Luftverkehr airlines. Originally the name was Deutsche Luft Hansa Aktiengesellschaft but was later abbreviated to Lufthansa.
Lufthansa was the first buyer of the Boeing 737 and in May 2004, in collaboration with the Boeing manufacturer, the company started an innovative internet connection service on board the airplanes.
To dispose of the often congested traffic at Frankfurt airport, in June 2003 Lufthansa inaugurated the new Terminal 2 at Munich airport which represents the first terminal in Europe partially owned by an airline.
The fleet currently consists of the following 296 aircraft with an average age of 10 years.
- Airbus A300-600 medium-haul aircraft
- Airbus A319-100 medium-haul aircraft
- Airbus A320-200 medium-haul aircraft
- Airbus A321-100 / 200 medium-haul aircraftRecommended readings
- Klm: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- British airways: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- Sas: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- Alitalia: flight reservations, flight schedules, web check in
- Tuifly: web check in, flight and baggage booking
- Airbus A330-300 long-haul aircraft
- Airbus A340-300 long-haul aircraft
- Airbus A340-600 long-haul aircraft
- Avro RJ85 4 82 Regional plane
- Medium-range Boeing 737-300 aircraft
- Medium-range Boeing 737-500 aircraft
- Boeing 737-700 Executive plane
- Boeing 747-400 long-haul aircraft
- CRJ-100/200 Regional plane
- CRJ-700 Regional plane
- CRJ-900 Regional plane
- MD-11F 19 Cargo plane with transportable volume of 455 m³ of goods
For more information on Lufthansa online check in, flight booking, hand luggage and contacts go to the airline's website directly from here.