How to prepare the Maremma acquacotta, an original recipe typical of the Tuscan Maremma, which can be made in a short time, based on stale bread and tomatoes.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 6 slices of stale homemade bread
- 3 large onions
- Ripe or peeled tomatoes gr. 400
- 6 eggs
- Grated pecorino
- Celery leaves
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Maremma acquacotta preparation
In a saucepan, cook the onions thinly with 8 tablespoons of oil.Recommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
When they are almost unmade (add a little water, if necessary) add the peeled and seedless tomatoes, the coarsely chopped basil and celery leaves, salt and pepper.
Cook for about half an hour and then pour a liter and a half of water (or broth).
Keep on the fire for another 30 minutes. Directly in the pot add the eggs being careful not to break them, cook them for 3 or 4 minutes so that they become like poached eggs.
In the bowls, in bowls, put the toasted slices of bread, sprinkle them with pecorino cheese and pour over them, with a ladle, the very hot acquacotta.
Have him touch one egg each.
Serve other pecorino cheese separately.