How to cook the Casentino scottiglia, typical Tuscan recipe with mixed meats, list of necessary ingredients and preparation methodology for an excellent second dish to be cooked in a pan.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 12 pieces of pork meat
- 12 pieces of beef muscle
- 12 pieces of chicken, guinea fowl, duck
- 6 pieces of lamb
- An onion
- A carrot
- A stalk of celery
- Basil (in season)
- Red wineRecommended readings
- Fried veal meatballs with potatoes, bacon and walnuts
- Wild boar in salami with olives and tomatoes
- Veal belly cooked at low temperature
- Tender veal stew
- Chicken breast with almonds
- Ripe or peeled tomatoes gr. 500
- Little broth
- Homemade bread
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
How to prepare the scottiglia
In a very large pan, brown all the meats, without oil, then cover them with chopped onion, celery, carrot, parsley and basil.
When everything is well browned, sprinkle with 2 glasses of wine and let it evaporate slowly.
Then add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and cook, covered, for over 2 hours.
In the end, the meat must be very soft, the pulp must be detached from the bones and the sauce must be abundant.
Serve everything, not too hot, on toasted slices of bread.