How to make montanara lentils, with bacon, roasted chestnuts, tomato paste, bay leaf, thyme, marjoram, basil, extra virgin olive oil, slices of toasted homemade bread or fried in oil.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 200 g of dried lentils
- 50 g of minced bacon
- 18 roasted chestnuts
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 little teaspoon of tomato paste
- 1 pinch of marjoram
- 1 pinch of thyme
- some basil leaves
- sliced homemade bread, toasted or fried in oilRecommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
- salt and pepper
How to prepare montanara lentils
Soak the lentils for 12 hours in slightly warm water.
Boil them in a liter and a half of water with bay leaf and a little salt.
Put the oil in a pan and fry the bacon, the chopped chestnuts, the thyme, the marjoram, the basil and the tomato paste dissolved in a little lentil broth, salt and pepper.
As soon as the sauce is ready, add it to the lentils, season with salt, boil for about ten minutes and serve with the slices of toasted bread or fried in oil.