How to make sweet and sour mushroom eggs, a recipe that includes a tomato sauce with the aroma of mixed spices, to be served on a very hot table.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 eggs
- 15 gr. of dried mushrooms
- 40 gr. of butter
- 1/2 onion
- 20 gr. made with flour
- 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce
- 1/2 glass of full-bodied red wine
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 little teaspoon of sugar
- 1 pinch of mixed spices, including nutmeg and cinnamonRecommended readings
- Fried eggs: recipe in a pan in the natural way
- Scrambled eggs cheese and walnuts
- Mushroom eggs with tomato sauce
- Scrambled eggs with creamy white asparagus
- Eggs with peas and bacon: simple recipe with fontina
- salt and pepper
How to make mushroom eggs with tomato sauce
Boil the eggs in a pan with boiling water for about 8 minutes, then drain them by passing them immediately under a jet of cold water.
Soften the dried mushrooms in warm water, drain and chop them coarsely.
In a saucepan with 15 grams of butter, brown the mushrooms, salt them, pepper them, add two tablespoons of water and cook over low heat for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally with a wooden spoon.
In a saucepan, heat 15 grams of butter with the peeled onion, washed and finely chopped, add the tomato sauce, diluted with a little warm water, and the flour.
Mix the mixture with a wooden spoon and add the mushrooms together with their cooking sauce.
Add wine, vinegar, sugar and mixed spices in powder, continuing cooking for another 10 minutes, making the sauce reach the right consistency.
Shell the eggs, cut them in half lengthwise and put them in a buttered baking dish with the cut part facing upwards.
Pour over the freshly prepared sauce and put them in the preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 8 minutes making them au gratin.
Mushroom eggs should be served hot, keeping them in the same cooking pan.