How to cook mussel and borlotti bean soup by flavoring the already boiled beans, with oil, garlic, tomatoes and the liquid of the molluscs, to taste them together with the mussels in an appetizing soup.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 1 kg of mussels
- 150 g of dried borlotti beans
- 300 g of tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 lemon
- toasted bread
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepperRecommended readings
- Egg noodles with seafood, recipe with fasolari, clams and mussels
- Paccheri pasta with scampi and aubergines
- Squid-filled ravioli with courgette sauce
- Spaghetti with fresh sardines
- Homemade pasta with baby octopus and fresh arugula
How to prepare mussels and borlotti beans soup
After soaking the beans for about 12 hours, boil them in salted water with the bay leaf and 1 clove of garlic, then drain.
Clean the mussels well and immerse them in water acidulated with lemon juice.
Cook them in a pan with the acidulated water, on a high heat, until they open.
Remove the molluscs from the shells and put them on a warm plate.
Strain the liquid left in the pan and keep it aside.
In another pan, heat the extra virgin olive oil with the minced garlic clove.
Add the chopped and seeded tomatoes.
Add the drained beans.
Cook for about 20 minutes, sprinkle with the chopped parsley, pour the liquid of the mussels and part of the cooking water of the beans, add salt and pepper and continue cooking the soup for another 10 minutes.
Pour the prepared soup over the hot mussels.
Sprinkle the slices of toasted bread with a drop of extra virgin olive oil.
Serve the mussel and bean soup on top of the slices of toast.