How to make Nicoise sole accompanied by lemon slices, lightly wilted tomatoes, olives and anchovies, cooking the fish on the plate after having floured them and greased with oil.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 soles
- 350 g of peeled and seeded tomatoes
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 g of butter
- 2 salted anchovies
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of black olives
- A few basil leaves or tarragon
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of flourRecommended readings
- Thermidore lobster, original recipe with sauce
- Stuffed cuttlefish easy to make in a pan with white wine
- Stuffed anchovies breaded and fried
- Nicoise sole: recipe with lemon
- Grilled San Pietro fish fillets in the oven
- salt and pepper
How to prepare Nicoise sole
Clean the soles by removing the head, the entrails and the skin, then wash them and let them drain.
Meanwhile, peel the lemon also removing all the white skin and the seeds, then cut it into thin slices and keep it aside.
Wash the anchovies well in salt and remove the bone.
Lightly flour the soles, grease them with oil and put them on the hot plate.
Cook them well on one side first and then turn them on the other, always brush them with oil and keep them warm as they are ready.
In a pan with the butter, brown the crushed garlic clove, add the tarragon or basil leaves, the tomatoes, salt and pepper, then leave to cook on high heat for only five minutes, so that the tomatoes do not turn into sauce.
Take the soles kept warm, salt them, pepper them lightly and arrange them on a previously heated tray, arrange the tomatoes and the lemon slices with an olive wrapped in half anchovy on top.
Serve immediately hot.