The Saint of the day 28 November is San Giacomo della Marca, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
San Giacomo della Marca
Born in Monteprandone on September 1, 1393 and died in Naples on November 28, 1476, Giacomo della Marca was a priest belonging to the Order of Observant Friars Minor, canonized in 1726 by Pope Benedict XIII.
He carried out his studies in Perugia, dedicating himself particularly to those of law.
Entered among the Friars Minor, he specialized in theology and was ordained a priest.
During his entire life he zealously dedicated himself to preaching the Gospel, traveling throughout Italy and in many other European countries.
Having the gift of being an excellent speaker, able to convince even the most skeptical, he managed to convert many wandering souls to the Christian religion.
Disciple of San Bernardino of Siena, he zealously spread devotion to the Name of Jesus.
He died in Naples in 1476 and was canonized under the pontificate of Benedict XIII.
Other saints and celebrations of 28 November
- St. Andrew Tran Van Trong
- Blessed James Thompson
- November 14: saint of the day, name day
- November 16: saint of the day, name day
- November 5: saint of the day, name day
- November 1: saint of the day, name day
- November 25: saint of the day, name day
- Papinian Saints of Life, Mansueto of Uruci and companions
Priest and martyr