The Saint of the day 24 October is Saint Anthony Mary Claret, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
St. Anthony Maria Claret
Born in 1807 in Sallent, a town in Catalonia in Spain, from a very young age he felt attracted to the contemplative life and would have liked to become a Carthusian, but a priest, seeing in him great missionary qualities, managed to make him change his mind.
After he was ordained a priest, he traveled for several years through Catalonia, preaching to every people he met.
He was the founder, in 1849, of the Congregation of the Missionary Sons of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, called Claretians, then he became bishop on the island of Cuba, working intensely to make his contribution to the salvation of souls.
He observed the world of artists with considerable sympathy, for whom he even created an academy dedicated to St. Michael the Archangel.
In 1870 he died in France, near Fontfroide, and Pius XII made him a saint in 1950.
Other saints and celebrations on 24 October
- Saints Areta and Ruma, spouses, and 340 companions
- Saints Ciriaco and Claudiano
- St. Ebregisilo (Evergislo) of Cologne
- San Fromundo of Coutances
- Blessed Giuseppe Baldo
- October 5: saint of the day, name day
- October 15: saint of the day, name day
- October 21: saint of the day, name day
- October 14: saint of the day, name day
- 20 October: saint of the day, name day
- Saint Joseph Le Dang Thi
- San Luigi Guanella
- San Maglorio
- San Martino di Vertou
- San Proclo of Constantinople
Martyrs of Nagran
Priest and founderRecommended readings