How to cook penne with prawns, recipe including tomatoes and raisins for the sauce, as well as pine nuts and basil to cover the portions once divided into the dishes.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 400 g of pens
- 150 ml of white wine
- 400 g of canned peeled tomatoes
- 500 ml of whipping cream
- 24 frozen prawns
- 100 g of shallot
- 35 g of butter
- 3 teaspoons of curry
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 40 g of raisinsRecommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
- 70 g of pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 bunch of basil
Time of realization
About 40 minutes in addition to the cooking time
1) After defrosting the prawns, detach the tails, turning them slightly with respect to the head.
2) Remove the shell of the tail, then cut the meat on the back and remove the intestine, before putting the pulp in the cool.
3) Clean the shallot and divide it into cubes, then put it to fry in the butter in a pan over high heat together with the head and the shells of the prawns.
4) Add the curry, honey, 100 ml of white wine and tomatoes with their sauce.
5) Incorporate the cream, adjust salt and pepper, leave to cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
6) Cook the raisins in the remaining wine, waiting for all the liquid to evaporate.
7) Brown the pine nuts in the olive oil, mixing them until they become dark golden in color.
8) Respecting the cooking times indicated on the package, cook the penne in abundant salted water, making sure they remain al dente, then drain and let them drip.
9) At this point, pass the sauce through a sieve, squeezing the residues thoroughly.
10) Incorporate the pulp of the prawn tails and raisins into the sauce, stirring to mix everything well.
11) Season the pasta and divide it into plates, covering each portion with some basil leaves and pine nuts.