How to cook pork stew with dry white beans, American recipe with lard among the necessary ingredients, to consider that the beans must spend a whole night immersed in cold water.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 500 g fat and lean pork meat
- 200 g of small dry white beans
- 50 g diced smoked lard
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped garlic clove
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- a pinch of mustard powder
- half a nut of meat
- 1 teaspoon of sugarRecommended readings
- Fried veal meatballs with potatoes, bacon and walnuts
- Wild boar in salami with olives and tomatoes
- Veal belly cooked at low temperature
- Tender veal stew
- Chicken breast with almonds
- 3 liters of water
- salt and pepper
Preparation of pork stew with beans
Put the dried beans in a pan filled almost to the brim with cold water and let them rest overnight.
Drain them and put them in a large pot with three liters of water and a bay leaf, then cook for thirty minutes on moderate heat.
Drain the beans while keeping the cooking liquid, then remove the bay leaf and keep them aside in a warm place.
Brown the smoked lard in a large saucepan over high heat for about eight minutes, add the meat cut into pieces first, then the beans, vinegar, mustard powder, finely chopped garlic, sugar and chopped onion finely.
Stir thoroughly and several times with a wooden spatula, then season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
Pour everything into the terracotta pot and cover with the cooking liquid of the beans.
Add half a nut, cover well, trying to seal as much as possible, and bake for about four hours, waiting for the beans to be tender.
Once cooked, the pork with beans must be served on the table keeping it in the same cooking pan.