Preparation procedure for the real ribollita made with black cabbage, spelled and cannellini beans, a recipe typical of some geographical areas of the Tuscany region.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 spicy red chilli pepper
- 1 dl tomato puree
- 1 large onion
- 200 gr sliced homemade bread
- 100 gr dried cannellini beans
- 100 gr of spelled
- 500 gr of black cabbage
- 1 stalk of celeryRecommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
- 1 leek
- 1 sprig of rosemary
Preparation of the Tuscan ribollita
Start by soaking the beans and spelled in cold water separately, letting them soften for about 12 hours.
Wash the cabbage, detach the stems and cut the leaves into small pieces, remove the filaments from the ribs with the help of a potato peeler, then clean the celery and the leek, cleaning the latter of the green part, after slicing everything very thin. Finely chop the rosemary needles together with the garlic clove.
In a baking dish, heat a spoonful of oil and cook the chopped garlic and rosemary together with the chilli pepper, keeping the heat high for a few seconds, then add the cabbage, leek and celery, cook for two minutes, stirring salt and remove the chilli pepper.
Pour a liter of boiling water, rinsed and drained beans and spelled, then add the tomato puree and simmer in a covered container for about 50 minutes.
Cover the soup with the finely sliced onion, pour the remaining oil and simmer in the preheated oven at 180 ° C for about twenty minutes, waiting for it to become golden, finally serve the ribollita still hot and together with the slices of toasted bread.