How to cook a rice and cauliflower pie, a recipe to make in the oven with all the necessary ingredients and a detailed description of the preparation, temperature and cooking time.
Ingredients for 6 people
- 1 large cauliflower
- 500 gr. of rice
- 4 salted anchovies
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 100 gr. of pitted black olives
- 50 gr. made with flour
- 80 gr. of butter
- 1/2 liter of milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 150 gr. of GruyereRecommended readings
- Parsley artichokes with garlic
- Shredded cabbage with sausages and olives
- Capers and anchovies sauce with olives
- Stir-fried potatoes with tomato
- Recipe for country salad with lettuce and anchovies
- Salt and Pepper To Taste.
How to make a rice and cauliflower pie
Boil the rice in boiling salted water together with the cauliflower divided into florets for about 15 minutes.
Drain and season with gr. 60 of melted butter, parsley, chopped black olives and desalted anchovies, without bones and cut into small pieces.
In a saucepan, dissolve the 20 gr. of remaining butter, add flour, dilute with milk and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
Always stirring, bring the béchamel to a boil, then remove the pan from the heat and add the diced Gruyère and the beaten egg yolks.
Put the rice with the cauliflower in a previously greased baking dish and immediately cover it with the bechamel evenly.
Bake at 200 degrees for 15 minutes.
Serve very hot.