How to make Romagna cappelletti with soft cheese, ricotta, capon breast or chicken already cooked in butter, grated Parmesan cheese, eggs, nutmeg, grated lemon zest and salt.
Ingredients for approx. 50 tortellini
- 300 g of flour
- 3 eggs
For the stuffing
- 60 g of cottage cheese
- 60 g of soft cheese (stracchino)
- 100 g of capon or chicken breast already cooked in butter
- 1 whole egg and 1 yolk
- 3 tablespoons of grated Parmesan
- a pinch of nutmeg powderRecommended readings
- Baked penne timbale with meat sauce
- Spaghetti with mixed meat sauce
- Timbale of rice and minced meat
- Pasta with bacon in white
- Zite Roman-style pasta with cooked ham
- 1/2 teaspoon of grated lemon zest
For the cooking
- 3 liters of capon or chicken broth
How to prepare cappelletti in broth
Pass the capon or chicken breast, already cooked in butter, in the mincer and put the minced meat in a container with the stracchino, ricotta, parmesan, a whole egg and an yolk.
Add the nutmeg, the grated lemon zest, the salt to the mixture and mix.
Meanwhile, place the flour on the pastry board, peel the eggs in the center, add the salt and mix everything well.
Roll out the dough with a rolling pin until it becomes a thin sheet and cut many 6 cm diameter discs with the round pastry cutter.
Place a little filling in the center of each disc, fold them over themselves forming a half moon, then press with your fingers on the whole edge to seal them well.
Join the two extreme points of the half moons of pasta, giving a circular shape to the base of the cappelletti.
Cook the hats in a good broth which, according to the Romagna tradition, must be of capon or chicken.
Just ready to serve.