How to make Roman-style peppers, recipe for a very appetizing summer side dish, made with peppers, onion and ripe tomatoes, to be cooked in 20 minutes.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 green peppers
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 400 g of ripe, peeled and seeded fresh tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
How to prepare Roman-style peppers
Wash, dry the peppers and toast them in the oven, then put them under running water, rub them lightly and remove the outer skin.
Open the peppers and deprive them of the internal filaments and seeds, then cut them into small pieces.
Chop the tomatoes with a fork.
In a saucepan on the fire, put the oil and fry the onion, turning it over with a wooden spoon, then add the tomatoes and salt.
Sauté the tomatoes on a high flame for five minutes, then add the peppers.Recommended readings
- Parsley artichokes with garlic
- Shredded cabbage with sausages and olives
- Capers and anchovies sauce with olives
- Stir-fried potatoes with tomato
- Recipe for country salad with lettuce and anchovies
Cover, lower the heat and continue cooking gently for another twenty minutes, stirring occasionally and, if necessary, adding a few tablespoons of hot water at a time.