How saltimbocca is made with peppers, an original Roman recipe, including sage leaves and raw ham, with dry white wine, in olive oil.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 4 thinly sliced veal slices
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 4 slices of raw ham
- 4 sage leaves
- White flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- half a glass of dry white wine
- salt and pepperRecommended readings
- Fried veal meatballs with potatoes, bacon and walnuts
- Wild boar in salami with olives and tomatoes
- Veal belly cooked at low temperature
- Tender veal stew
- Chicken breast with almonds
Preparation of saltimbocca with peppers
Flatten the veal slices by pounding them with a meat tenderizer, then blanch the peppers on the flame until their skin burns, then peel them under the jet of tap water, remove the seeds and cut them into slices.
On each slice of meat arrange a slice of ham and a sage leaf, fixing them with a toothpick, then pass everything in the flour.
Heat the oil in a pan and add the saltimbocca, browning over medium heat for a few minutes.
Salt and pepper, then add the wine and finish cooking.
Arrange on a serving tray together with the peppers and serve.