Here's how to make scrambled eggs with white asparagus from Argenteuil or Bassano, a French recipe that goes very well with lightly buttered slices of toasted bread.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 6 fresh eggs
- 1,800 kg of white asparagus from Argenteuil or Bassano
- 150 g of butter
- 2 tablespoons of liquid cream
- salt and white pepper
How to prepare scrambled eggs with white asparagus from Argenteuil or Bassano
Clean the asparagus and boil them in abundant salted water.
Drain them al dente and obtain about 400 grams of tips, setting aside the other asparagus.
In a bowl beat the eggs with a fork and salt them.
In a saucepan, melt 60 grams of butter over low heat, then pour the eggs and work them, always on low heat, with a fork or whisk, until they are thick and soft.
Add a pinch of freshly ground white pepper, two tablespoons of liquid cream, then add the asparagus tips, previously heated in another pan together with the remaining butter.Recommended readings
- Fried eggs: recipe in a pan in the natural way
- Scrambled eggs cheese and walnuts
- Mushroom eggs with tomato sauce
- Scrambled eggs with creamy white asparagus
- Eggs with peas and bacon: simple recipe with fontina
Arrange the preparation in a round container, with the bunch in the center, straight and well balanced, of the remaining asparagus kept aside.