The Saint of the day 13 September is Saint John Chrysostom, bishop and doctor of the Church, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
St. John Chrysostom
Born in Antioch around 349, St. John Chrysostom, after receiving an excellent education, dedicated himself as an adult to the ascetic life and, ordained priest, consecrated himself, bringing great benefits, to the ministry of preaching.
Elected bishop of Constantinople in 397, he proved to be a great pastor, dealing above all with the reform of customs, both for those concerning the clergy and those who closely interested the people.
Out of hatred for the court and its personal enemies, he was forced to go into exile a first and second time.
Surrounded by tribulations, he died in Comana on the Black Sea on September 14, 407.
He worked assiduously with words and writings, to illustrate Catholic doctrine and train his faithful in Christian life, so much so that it deserved the name of Chrysostom, which means "golden mouth".
Other saints and celebrations on 13 September
- Sant ’Amato di Remiremont
- Sant’Amato di Sens (or Sion)
- Blessed Aurelio Maria (Welcome) Villalon Acebron
- Blessed Claudio Dumonet
- San Giuliano
- September 11: saint of the day, name day
- September 9: saint of the day, name day
- September 2: saint of the day, name day
- September 5: saint of the day, name day
- September 7: saint of the day, name day
- San Marcellino
- Blessed Mary of Jesus (Lopez de Rivas)
- Saint Maurilio of Angers