The Saint of the day 22 September is San Maurizio and Compagni, which name day is celebrated and other saints who are celebrated on this date.
San Maurizio was born in Egypt to a pagan family, near the city of Thebes, around the year 250.
The news about his youth is very scarce, we only know that he undertook a very young military career, becoming a valuable soldier.
He was put in charge of the Theban Legion, made up of a hundred chosen and valuable men, who managed to make themselves fearfully watched by their enemies and with respect by their superiors.
Divine Providence, however, had prepared much larger designs for Maurizio and his companions.
In fact, for an entire winter season, San Maurizio, with his Companions, was sent to Jerusalem, where he came into contact with the local Christian community.
Thanks to this experience, he began to know Jesus, recognizing him as his Lord and, after spending sleepless nights and long conversations with the local bishop San Zambda, he subsequently received baptism.
The ardor of the initiator filled Maurizio with apostolic missionary spirit, making him become a vehicle of conversion to the Christian faith for his companions.
Other saints and celebrations of 22 September
- Santa Basilia
- Blessed Carlo Navarro
- September 11: saint of the day, name day
- September 9: saint of the day, name day
- September 2: saint of the day, name day
- September 5: saint of the day, name day
- September 7: saint of the day, name day
- Sant ’Emmerano of Regensburg
- San Fiorenzo
- Blessed Germano Gozalvo Andreu
- Blessed Giuseppa Moscardo Montalba
- Blessed Joseph Marchandon
- Saint Ignatius of Santhià
- Blessed Mary of the Vidal Pastor Purification
- Blessed Otto of Freising
- Saints Paul Chong Ha-sang and Augustine Yu Chin-gil
- Santa Salaberga
- San Silvano di Levroux
- Blessed Vincenzo Pelufo Corts
Abbot and martyr
Priest and Martyr
Virgin and martyr
Virgin and martyr
Priest and martyr