The saint of the day 29 September is Saints Michael, Gabriel and Raffaele archangels, which name day is celebrated and other saints are celebrated on this date.
Saints Michele, Gabriele and Raffaele
Archangels are angels elevated to a higher degree due to the importance of the missions they have accomplished in the history of faith.
Gabriel is certainly the best known, having been the one who announced the miracle of the Incarnation to the Virgin Mary.
The sweetest of Marian prayers resulted from his words, namely the Ave Maria.
Michele is traditionally represented with a flaming sword in his hand and is placed to guard the Lost Paradise from the time of the expulsion of Adam and Eve.
Raffaele is the least known.
Other saints and celebrations on 29 September
- Sant ’Alarico (Adelrico)
- Blessed Charles of Blois
- San Ciriaco (Quiriaco)
- San Fraterno of Auxerre
- September 11: saint of the day, name day
- September 9: saint of the day, name day
- September 2: saint of the day, name day
- September 5: saint of the day, name day
- September 7: saint of the day, name day
- Blessed James of Rafelbunol (Santiago Mestre Iborra)
- Saint John of Dukla
- Blessed John of Montmirail
- San Ludwino (Liudvino) of Trier
- San Maurizio di Langonnet
- Saints Michael of Aozaraza, William Courtet, Vincenzo Shiwozuka, Lazarus of Kyoto and Lorenzo Ruiz
- Blessed Nicola da Forca Palena
- Blessed Paolo Bori Puig and Vincenzo Sales Genovés
- San Renato Goupil
Duke of Brittany
Hermit in Palestine
Bishop and martyr
Priest and martyr