How to make the shortcrust pie with ricotta cream, a recipe to bake in the oven and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving.
Ingredients 6 portions
- 3 whole eggs
- gr. 100 of sugar
- a pinch of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of candied cedar
- gr. 300 of shortcrust pastry
- gr. 250 of custard
- gr. 300 of ricotta
- 1 tablespoon of candied oranges cut into small pieces
- butter for the cake tin
- icing sugarRecommended readings
- San Giuseppe pancakes with raisins
- Simple and fast classic apple pie recipe
- Charlotte with dark chocolate mousse
- Raspberry jam tart with almonds, hazelnuts and pine nuts
- Cake with chestnut flour, pine nuts and raisins
Preparation of the shortcrust pie with ricotta cream
Prepare the shortcrust pastry and custard.
While the shortcrust pastry rests, work the sieved ricotta, egg yolks, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
Then add the custard, cedar and orange zest, then add the egg whites beaten until stiff mixing, mixing from top to bottom.
Spread about two thirds of the pastry a few millimeters high, covering a 24 cm wide buttered cake pan. with the edges about 6 cm high, and pour the ricotta mixture over it. Cover with the remaining shortcrust pastry, made in 2 cm wide strips. and arranged in a grid.
Bake for about an hour in the oven at 180 °, leave to cool and then sprinkle the cake with icing sugar.
If we add wheat boiled in milk and orange blossom water to this recipe, the Neapolitan Pastiera is obtained.