How to make spaghetti alla Norma, with aubergines, seasoned ricotta, tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil. The name of this recipe would originate from the statement of the writer Edoardo Scarfoglio: "This is the norm for all dry pasta" (he was referring to Bellini's work).
Ingredients for 4 people
- 350 g of spaghetti
- 50 g of grated seasoned ricotta
- 2 fairly large aubergines
- 1 tablespoon of chopped basil
- 1/2 dl of olive oil
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- 500 g of peeled and seeded tomatoes
- abundant seed oil for frying
- salt and pepper
How to prepare spaghetti alla Norma
Wash and cut the aubergines into fairly thin slices, sprinkle them with salt and arrange them on an inclined axis to drain their bitter liquid.Recommended readings
- How to make ricotta and spinach tortelli from Maremma
- Timbale of rice and baked eggplant
- Tagliatelle with saffron sauce and mussels
- Pasta with gorgonzola and cooked ham
- Tagliatelle with shrimp and peppers
Leave them like that for about an hour.
Put a pan on the fire with olive oil and garlic, color it and add the chopped tomatoes, basil, salt and freshly ground pepper.
Leave to cook on a low flame for about fifteen minutes.
Rinse the aubergine slices under running water, dry them and fry them in a pan with hot seed oil.
In a pot with plenty of salted water brought to a boil, cook the spaghetti.
As soon as the aubergines are crispy, remove them from the pan and place them on absorbent paper.
Drain the spaghetti al dente, season with the tomato sauce, the fried aubergines, then sprinkle with the grated ricotta, mix and serve immediately.