How spaghetti are cooked with fresh sardines, recipe with tomato sauce that includes the addition of prawns and mussels, complete guide to the preparation with all the other necessary ingredients.
Ingredients for 4 portions
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 500 gr tomato puree
- 4 large prawns
- 200 gr mussels already cleaned
- 320 gr of spaghetti
- 500 gr of fresh sardines
- 3 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of grated Parmesan cheeseRecommended readings
- Egg noodles with seafood, recipe with fasolari, clams and mussels
- Paccheri pasta with scampi and aubergines
- Cuttlefish filled ravioli with courgette sauce
- Spaghetti with fresh sardines
- Homemade pasta with baby octopus and fresh arugula
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper
How to prepare spaghetti with fresh sardines
Start with the scaling of the sardines by passing over the flat blade of a knife, open them and deprive them of the entrails and the central bone, wash them and chop the pulp obtained.
In a bowl mix the fish with the breadcrumbs, the egg, the grated Parmesan cheese and a teaspoon of minced mint, salt and pepper, then form as many meatballs as big as a walnut.
Clean the spring onion, slice it and brown it in a pan with the hot oil, then add the passata, salt, pepper and bring to the boil.
Add the meatballs and continue cooking, after ten minutes, add the peeled prawns and the mussels.
Cover with a lid and continue cooking for a few minutes.
In the meantime, boil the spaghetti in abundant salted boiling water, drain when they are still al dente and season with the sauce.
Distribute them equally in the serving dishes and serve sprinkling with chopped parsley and lemon zest.