How to make spreadable croutons with a mixture of capers in salt, raw ham, raisins, pine nuts, candied citron and granulated sugar, recipe to be served cold.
Ingredients for 4 people
- 8 slices of toasted bread and cut into triangles (or toasted homemade bread)
- 50 g of salted capers
- 30 g of raisins already softened in warm water
- 1 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 50 g of raw ham
- 1 piece of candied cedar
- 1 tablespoon of white flour
- 30 g of granulated sugar
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 tablespoons of vinegarRecommended readings
- Cream puffs with artichokes: savory recipe, dough ingredients
- French appetizer with vegetables
- Canapes with anchovy fillets
- Chicken salad with celery and mayonnaise
- Salmon canapè and scrambled eggs
How to prepare the spreadable croutons
Wash the capers well in lukewarm water so that they lose the salt and chop them coarsely, together with the well-squeezed grapes, pine nuts, candied citron and ham.
Put the sugar and white flour in a pan and toast them on a moderate flame, letting the sugar caramelize slightly, then add a cup full of hot water and two tablespoons of vinegar.
Leave to simmer for about five minutes, stirring constantly to avoid the formation of lumps, then add the other chopped ingredients and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the mixture has thickened, then let it cool.
Spread the mixture on the slices of bread or toasted bread previously.
Serve the cold croutons.